Down East Attic on Etsy

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Into Teacups

I'm developing a new passion. Just what I need!
Some are fancy and special, but even the more utilitarian ones have a special charm. Here are a few I have in my shop right now...


The first one is a Royal Albert, and the second one is labeled Old Royal, but they go very well together. 




This one is Royal Albert Heather "Heather Bell" in blue bell (most of the ones I have seen are pink, not blue).

This pretty blue floral cup is by Vanderwood, England. I love the Art Deco shape.

 This one is just marked with a Japanese symbol so I don't know the make. But it reminds me of my grandmother.

 This elegant teacup is by Adderley, England. I love the handle. And at the bottom of the cup there is a bright floral bouquet.


5 comments:

  1. Hi: I have the same passion. I just love your cups. I can't pick a favorite. Thank you for sharing. They are just perfect. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see Martha has already posted, she and I co host the Tea Cup Tuesday event. We ADORE tea cups and love show and tell. Your tea cups are really lovely. I especially love the first one with all the gold trimmings. Thank you so much for joining in T.T. this week.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Terri,

    I am new to collecting but I am loving it. As an artist I get really excited by the patterns and colors found in vintage teacups. I'm planning to post more soon. Thanks for having me over at Tea Cup Tuesdays!

    Adria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore tea cups and have been collecting for a little while now. All of those tea cups are just beautiful but the last one has me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annette! That one was very cool. Here is a picture of the inside of the cup:

    http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.265127048.jpg

    It ended up being sold to a woman in Belgium!

    ReplyDelete