Down East Attic on Etsy

Monday, September 5, 2011

Painting, my other passion

Since I have to take occasional breaks from blogging and selling, I thought I'd write a bit about what I do when I'm not drooling over vintage items. As a painter I work in my studio, give private painting lessons, and participate in shows a few times a year. This past Friday I was part of a two person show that came together very quickly, so I was MIA for several days while we prepared for that. It went very well, and I was happy with how it turned out. Most often I paint every day objects, people, and animals using an impressionist approach with a modern edge. Since most recently I have been holed up in my studio giving lessons (which I LOVE), I have been painting still lives. Sometimes I'll even throw in some vintage items to the setup for added interest. Below are a few paintings from my last show. Now that I can breathe a bit more, it's back to teacups and vintage linens.

No comments:

Post a Comment